Data Used: To deliver this functionality and record activities around site management, the following information is captured: user email address, user role, user login, user display name, WordPress.com and local user IDs, the activity to be recorded, the WordPress.com-connected site ID of the site on which the activity takes place, the site’s Jetpack version, and the timestamp of the activity. Some activities may also include the learners IP address (login attempts, for example) and user agent.
Activity Tracked: Login attempts/actions, post and page update and publish actions, comment/pingback submission and management actions, plugin and theme management actions, widget updates, user management actions, and the modification of other various site settings and options. Retention duration of activity data depends on the site’s plan and activity type. See the complete list of currently-recorded activities (along with retention information).
Data Synced (?): Successful and failed login attempts, which will include the actor’s IP address and user agent.
Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point where we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
When you register for an Account, we may ask for your contact information, including items such as name, company name, address, email address, and telephone number.
When you complete a course our system takes photographs of you and these are stored on our system for a maximum of 30 days
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including to:
- Provide, operate, and maintain our website
- Collect Payments
- Register users on our courses
- Improve, personalize, and expand our website
- Understand and analyze how you use our website
- Develop new products, services, features, and functionality
- Communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, including for customer service, to provide you with updates and other information relating to the website, and for marketing and promotional purposes
- Send you emails
- Find and prevent fraud
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, www.southsafe.ie uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
For more general information on cookies, please read “What Are Cookies”.
Data Used: Please refer to the appropriate Google Analytics documentation for the specific type of data it collects. For sites running WooCommerce (also owned by Automattic) and this feature simultaneously and having all purchase tracking explicitly enabled, purchase events will send Google Analytics the following information: order number, product id and name, product category, total cost, and quantity of items purchased. Google Analytics does offer IP anonymization, which can be enabled by the site owner.
Activity Tracked: This feature sends page view events (and potentially video play events) over to Google Analytics for consumption. For sites running WooCommerce-powered stores, some additional events are also sent to Google Analytics: shopping cart additions and removals, product listing views and clicks, product detail views, and purchases. Tracking for each specific WooCommerce event needs to be enabled by the site owner.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that www.southsafe.ie has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers.
Third Party Privacy Policies
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers, it can be found at the browsers’ respective websites.
GDPR – What data we hold and why
- We hold your (first, last) Name: Because we need that to print information on certificates
- We hold your email address: Because we need to email you certificates and receipts for purchases
- We hold you telephone number: Because we may need to contact you to verify details, also your telephone number will appear if you send videos to us via Social Media messaging
- We hold pictures of you completing the course: Because we will print these on the certificate to verify to your employe as to its authenticity
- We hold videos that you submit to us: Because we need to verify that you have completed the practical assessments
What we store
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide email address. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- –Send you information about your account and order
- –Create your account for our eLearning
If you register a free account then we will store your email address.
We store information about you for as long as your account exists.
We store course progress, including completion status, quiz scores, assignments and/or submissions (if applicable).
Who see’s your data
Your data is available on your website by going to the My Account section. From here you can see the courses you completed and download certificates
If you are a completing a site induction or an online course on behalf of your employer or a client we will send the client on your name and the time/date you completed the course and photographic evidence obtained during the course
We view your photographs and compare them to the videos that you send in, see below how long we store it for.
How long do we store your data for
- Your photographs are stored for 60 days. After you complete a course your photographs are transferred onto a certificate which is held by us on a private file system for the duration of the certification.
- Your email address, telephone number, First/Last Name and your username are stored for 90 days after your last login.
- We delete your video data 7 days from the date of certification
GDPR – Where is your data stored
Your data is stored on this server based in Europe.
- We remove data such as pictures and videos from the server every 90 days where we transfer it to digital disk. We will store this data for a period of two years after the expiry of the certificate after which it is destroyed. We do this to protect ourselves for litigation purposes.
- We also keep a copy of your certificate for the same time period
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing. You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
- If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us.
Social Sharing from the website
We collect your public profile data only from your consent that you grant before initiating Social Login, from the social network used to login at our website. This data includes your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data is used to create your user profile at our website. You can revoke this consent at any time by sending us an email.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
www.southsafe.ie does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13.
If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website. We strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.